Meet the minimum age requirement of 17 at the time of application and must be a minimum age of 18 at the time of selection and registration (must provide evidence of minimum age).
Must be a high school graduate or completed one of the following:
- An Associate degree or higher.
- A GED with a minimum score of 2,500 or 250 prior to January 1, 2002.
- A high school Equivalency of 600 or higher after January 1, 2014.
Must have completed one full year of high school algebra or an equivalent post high school algebra course with a passing grade of “C” or better, or have one of the following:
- Current math placement results from a community college facility indicating a placement level beyond high school level algebra.
- Certificate of completion from the online Electrical Training Alliance Tech Math Course with a passing grade.
Applicants selected from the pool must be capable of performing the work of the electrical construction trade.
- Be physically and mentally able to safely perform or learn to safely perform essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles and towers of various heights.
- Be able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics, manholes and crawlspaces.
- Be able to read, hear and understand instructions and warnings.
Applicants must qualify for interview by obtaining a qualifying score using the electrical industry’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institute for Research.
- Inside Electrician: 5
- Low Energy/Sound & Communication: 4
- Residential Electrician: None
- Be able to get to and from work at job sites anywhere within the geographical area covered by these standards.
- Be able and willing to attend all assigned related classroom education as required to complete apprenticeship.
- Currently possess a valid driver license.
- Submit a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience if they are a veteran.